SHORE RADIAL CONVERSATION
This is the
transcription of a real radial conversation between a USA Navy ship
and the Canadian Coast Guard of Newfoundland in October of 1995.
- Americans: Please veer your course 15 degrees north in order to avoid
- Canadians: We SUGGEST You should veer Your course 15 degrees south
to avoid a coalition.
- Americans: This is the Captain of a USA Navy ship – I repeat
veer your course.
- Canadians: No we repeat , you must veer your course.
- Americans: This is the Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier, the US flotilla’
s second largest ship in the Atlantic ocean. We are joined by three
destructors, three cruisers and many support ships.- I order you to
veer your course 15 degrees north, or we will take measures to ensure
the security of this ship.
- Canadians: This is a lighthouse. You will figure out if you want to
stay in the same course.